Tuesday, October 29, 2019

hotkeys - Prevent Windows from using a function key

How do I prevent windows from using a function key but allow a specific application to use it?


In my particular case: I have a media player that can be visible on screen or not.
I want to use F10 for pause/play. So in my player I setup a global hotkey and that works fine.


The problem is that the current active application(not being media player) gets an "Activate Menu" signal by windows when I press F10. The media player stops, but the application will start the menu browsing process. This distorts any typing I was doing before pressing F10 . How to I prevent windows from doing this but leave F10 working.


Basically I want my media player to have exclusive rights to F10 when it's playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...