Monday, September 16, 2019

windows 10 - Resized partition doesn't get mounted

After I cloned my HDD to my external hard drive (EHD?) using MiniTool Partition Wizard, I was not able to access it, only from Command Prompt with admin rights.
After trying everything I decided for whatever reason to resize my external hard drive (MiniTool split it in 2 partitions, 1 unused, and I merged them), also using MiniTool Partition Wizard.



But now I'm not able to see the drive's contents at all. Instead it says E:\ is unavailable. I'm still able to see the drive in Minitool Partition Wizard and in Disk Management, but I'm not able to do anything in the second tool.



Is there any way I can mount my EHD again? I'm fine if I have to start over. If so, what do you recommend I do different next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...