Sunday, September 29, 2019

scope - Global variables in Javascript across multiple files



A bunch of my JavaScript code is in an external file called helpers.js. Inside the HTML that calls this JavaScript code I find myself in need of knowing if a certain function from helpers.js has been called.




I have attempted to create a global variable by defining:



var myFunctionTag = true;


In global scope both in my HTML code and in helpers.js.



Heres what my html code looks like:





...

...




Is what I am trying to do even feasible?


Answer



You need to declare the variable before you include the helpers.js file. Simply create a script tag above the include for helpers.js and define it there.





...


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...