Thursday, September 26, 2019

After removing an harmful item I get a KSOD (black screen, cursor works) when I log in

Just today I read a post stating that Java has a leak; so, I ran a MalwareBytes Anti-Malware scan and it found an harmful item and thus I deleted that item. After restarting my computer from a prompt, my Lenovo v570 laptop now turns on with a black screen and a movable cursor.



The Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not work.



I have tried in safe mode and it turns on properly. So, I tried to do what others suggested on other forums, which was to "roll back my graphics driver". After trying that, nothing has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...