Monday, September 30, 2019

windows 7 - How to reduce Hardware reserved memory on ASUS motherboards?

I have read lots of topics but i still couldn't lower the hardware reserved memory which is over 1GB




There is only 2.21 GB RAM that is being usable by the OS.
I had another computer where the usable RAM was 3.5GB. Though, that was Gigabyte motherboard which has no built-in graphic.



The OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit



Most of the hardware reserved memory i saw is being reserved for the PCI Express with most of its addresses are being reserved for the AMD Radeon.



enter image description here




You can see that there is the reserved addresses from 90000000 to DFFFFFFF on PCI bus.



I have updated the BIOS but that didn't help.
I also tried the Msconfig boot settings to uncheck the maximum memory but it did nothing.



Motherboard is ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2



Are there any BIOS settings that i can disable to save more RAM?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...