Friday, September 13, 2019

ubuntu - Not able to connect an external monitor

I am new to ubuntu and I am facing this behavior and don't know what to do. I would appreciate any help.


I am trying to connect external monitor via VGA(I tried even via HDMI,but no use) but not able to connect external monitor in my laptop. I don`t see any option in system settings or any where. I guess my laptop is not detecting external monitor.


When I give xrandar while external monitor is connected, I am getting following error


 xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 1366 x 768, current 1368 x 768, maximum 1368 x 768
default connected 1368x768+0+0 0mm x 0mm
1366x768 0.0
1368x768 0.0*

I am stuck in this issue.


I am using Ubuntu 12.04 and KDE plasma desktop and my laptop model is DELL latitude E5530.


Can somebody create some diagnoses and give some possible solution, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...