Friday, September 20, 2019

hdmi - RGB/VGA input on display without analog ports


I've got a Panasonic LCD display that has all digital or HDMI ports for video. In our conference room, I need to support VGA input for those connecting PC laptops that have no digital output. I've tried these types of adapters that claim to do VGA-to-HDMI, to no avail - none of the ones I've tested work at all.


Anyone have any experience with converters that work in this situation? The display does have component inputs, so was debating a VGA-to-component cable, but not sure that'll be any more reliable.


Answer



You will need a converter like this one.


Most converters are HDMI to VGA that I have seen. Most (reliable) VGA to HDMI converters are powered. Try one of those and it will likely solve your issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...