Tuesday, September 17, 2019

wireless access point - How to create/configure a secondary WiFi network with a secondary router connected to a switch?

I've got a router far from the room I use as an office. I've got a Gigabit Ethernet cable from there that goes to a switch and then to several computers/devices. Now I'd like to have a secondary WiFi network for my office.



I've connected the router to the switch, deleted its WAN settings, and configured it as an Access Point. The wireless network is seen -- for example, by my laptop -- but there's no Internet access.




I guess I must add some routing, but I've tried and didn't succeed. The control panel of this router (a Comtrend AR-5381u) on this part is as follows:



enter image description here



But I've messed up with the prefix, and I'm not even sure that's the part I must modify.



To clarify:




  • Main Router: 192.168.1.1, WiFi SSID "House", DHCP enabled

    (192.168.1.33-99)

  • Secondary Router: 192.168.1.2, WiFi SSID "Office", DHCP enabled
    (192.168.1.25-32)



What am I missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...