Monday, September 16, 2019

Windows 10 memory leak, please help me diagnose

I upgraded to Win10 from Win7, been having horrid memory leaks. Basically I can't run my computer for more than 7 days, my virtual memory would reach 55GB+ and make my computer non-responding. It's on "system managed" setting, though I tried giving it more manually and it would just fill up too.


My old Win7(before the Win10 upgrade) on this same computer was fine, could run for 3 months+ without issue. My laptop that has Win10 is also fine, it's now on for 2 months and memory use is minimal.


This is my MEMMAP, poolmon and ProcessHacker info:
enter image description here
enter image description here
enter image description here


This is how long my PC been on for the above screenshot:
enter image description here


This is my PC specs:
enter image description here


Please let me know if there's any other info needed to diagnose the issue.


Btw I have tried poolmon/WPA to diagnose the issue according to various guides found here, but for some reason I'm still unable to determine the cause of the memory leak. So you'll have to tell me exactly what to do differently with poolmon/WPA to find the cause. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...