Saturday, September 21, 2019

ubuntu - Webcam not working on Asus eee PC



I recently bought an Asus eee PC 901 and the webcam doesn't work with the pre-installed Windows XP Home edition or Ubuntu Netbook Remix. When I disable the camera from the system tray and enable it again, the system detects an unknown USB 2.0 device which I assume is the camera. Any idea how to get it working?


Answer



The EasyPeasy wiki has this article, though it seems you may have already tried that.



You mention you bought it recently. In that case, the best way to fix this problem is to call Asus and chime in on the warranty to get a replacement netbook. Just don't forget to be pushy, but not scary-pushy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...