Friday, September 20, 2019

sleep - Windows 8.1 Preview keeps waking up the computer

I have Windows 8.1 Preview installed, and I prefer not to power my computer down but instead put it on sleep. However, I always have to make it sleep twice. The first time I click 'sleep', the computer will go to sleep mode, and after a minute or so, it will wake up. The second time will keep it sleeping, though, but this sure is annoying.


I've checked all the devices and none of them are allowed to wake the computer. I've also checked 'powercfg -lastwake' after the first sleep, but it returns nothing.


Is this just a 'feature' of Win8(.1), or what could be the cause of such behavior?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...