Thursday, September 19, 2019

math - Float sum with javascript











I'm calculating the sum of several float values using javascript and... I've noticed a strange thing never seen before. Executing this code:



parseFloat('2.3') + parseFloat('2.4')


I obtain 4.699999999999999




So... what sould I do to obtain a correct value? (supposed that this is incorrect...)


Answer



Once you read what What Every Computer Scientist Should Know About Floating-Point Arithmetic you could use the .toFixed() function:



var result = parseFloat('2.3') + parseFloat('2.4');
alert(result.toFixed(2));​

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...