Wednesday, September 18, 2019

javascript - How do I return the response from an asynchronous call?

I have a function foo which makes an Ajax request. How can I return the response from foo?



I tried returning the value from the success callback as well as assigning the response to a local variable inside the function and returning that one, but none of those ways actually return the response.



function foo() {
var result;


$.ajax({
url: '...',
success: function(response) {
result = response;
// return response; // <- I tried that one as well
}
});

return result;

}

var result = foo(); // It always ends up being `undefined`.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...