Tuesday, August 27, 2019

windows 8 - Upgrade using downloaded $40 to Win8 x64 to blank SSD using only retail 32Bit XP install CD

I have purchased the downloadable $40 UPGRADE version of Windows 8.




I want to install this upgrade to a new/blank SSD drive WITHOUT prior installation of retail version of XP/service pack 3 (preferred).



I have the retail purchased 32Bit XP installation media and I also have a slipstreamed disc that contains service pack 2. This 32bit XP license was installed to a desktop PC that I have NOT used for years (its broke).



Questions:



Can I upgrade using the $40 download upgrade version from retail 32Bit XP to 64Bit Windows 8 directly to new SSD? without first installing 32bit XP to new SSD? If 32bit XP needs to be installed to perform the upgrade to 64bit Win 8 is service XP service pack 3 still available; likewise, if the boxed retail version of XP 32bit is required to be pre-installed to the new SSD before attempting the downoladed $40 upgrade to 64Bit Win, can a clean install be performed or is a undesired actual upgrade performed?



From what I have read this is way to complicated. Ideally, I should be able to install $40 upgrade version Win 64bit directly to new/blank SSD, then during the license verification process enter both the Win8 64Bit upgrade key and retail XP 32bit key (over internet or phone call).

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...