Friday, August 30, 2019

windows 7 - Does my processor support PAE?


I currently have the following system specifications:


Windows 7 64-Bit


Athlon 64 X2 (W) 4600+ 2.4 GHz


8GB of RAM


500 GB HD


I'm planning on installing Xubuntu as a dual partition along side my current windows installation. On the official Xubuntu page it says:



Your processor needs to support PAE in order to run Xubuntu.



From the microsoft website:



PAE gives 32-bit processors the ability to use more than 4 GB of
physical memory on capable versions of Windows, and is a prerequisite
for NX.



Just for clarification seeing as I have 8GB of RAM and running Windows 7 64-Bit, PAE shouldn't be an issue, correct?


Answer



Every 64-bit x86 CPU supports PAE. There is no 64-bit x86 without NX and there is no NX without PAE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...