Tuesday, August 27, 2019

html - Clickable tel protocol a tag in firefox



I have a pretty standard a tag for a telephone number. It works in everything except Firefox. I thought the tel protocol was standard - is there a workaround I am unaware of?



(800) 123-4567


Firefox error message:





The address wasn't understood



Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (tel) isn't associated with any program.



You might need to install other software to open this address.



Answer



Firefox doesn't know a program for every protocol. The user would need to specify a program in the settings in this case. There is no server-side workaround for this, except replacing it with the unofficial callto: introduced by Skype.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...