Thursday, August 29, 2019

Install Microsoft Excel 2016 via Office 365


I have just created an Office 365 account for students. I can access all the apps online, but I also want Office installed for offline use on my PC.


If I go to https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx to install the software, it seems I can only install Sharepoint Designer 2013 and OneDrive 2013, but I cannot find Excel, Word, etc.


I have read that the Office programs are part of Office 365, but if I try to install Excel separately, it seems I still need to pay.


Answer



The free service only includes the online version



The service includes Office Online (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and
OneNote), 1TB of OneDrive storage, Yammer, and SharePoint sites.



If your school enroll in additional program to provide you with the offline Office apps, you'll have the button to install Office.



Some schools allow teachers and students to install the full Office
applications on up to 5 PCs or Macs for free. If your school provides
this additional benefit, you'll see the Install Office button on your
Office 365 home page after you complete sign-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...