Wednesday, August 28, 2019

character - Does George Costanza have a brother?

In two separate episodes of Seinfeld, George mentions his brother.


The first, in episode fifteen of the third season, titled "The Suicide":



RULA: Who’s Pauline?

GEORGE: Pauline? . . . Wait a minute. I got it. My brother once impregnated a woman named Pauline.

RULA: Do you think about her?

GEORGE: When I hear her name mentioned.



The second, in the twenty-third episode of the third season, titled "The Parking Spot":



ELAINE: Oh come on, George, please put it in a garage. I don't want to spend
an hour looking for a space.

GEORGE: I can't park in a garage.

ELAINE: Why?

GEORGE: I don't know, I just can't. Nobody in my family can pay for parking,
it's a sickness. My father never paid for parking; my mother, my brother,
nobody. We can't do it.



Further confusing the situation is that in later episodes George repeatedly claims to be an only child. (examples welcome)


< seinfeldvoice >
So what's the deal with George Constanza's brother? Is he real, or is George an only child?
< / seinfeldvoice >


Answer


Unfortunately it is an unsolved mystery; those are the only 2 times his brother is mentioned and there is much more of him claiming otherwise.



  • It could only be a common "movie" mistake, since there is not any weight
    put on his brother he is only used as a subject in a response.

  • In other case it could only be that his is just sarcastic when
    telling he is only child, like he has a grunge against his brother.


I would go with a "movie" mistake however.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...