Saturday, August 31, 2019

windows 8.1 - Can dism /restorehealth be used to restore from a mounted 8.1 ISO?


On my x64 Lenovo z580 laptop with Windows 8.1 x64, I was trying to install KB2919355 when I encountered the error 80073712 which translates to component store corruption.


Since then, I have run the following commands copied here with results:




  1. sfc /scannow - result: no integrity violation

  2. dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth - component store is repairable

  3. dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth - component store is repairable

  4. dism /online /cleanup-image /analyzecomponentstore component store cleanup recommended: Yes

  5. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth dism failed to perform any operation. Either the source is invalid or componentstore is not
    repairable Error code: 800f081f



Previously, I had upgraded to 8.1 using Windows Update. Now, I have downloaded the 8.1 ISO from here


Question: If I mount the 8.1 ISO to drive H:, Can I use the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:H:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess to repair my componentstore?


Answer



That error message is due to an issue with Windows Update. The DISM /online command uses Windows Update for it's file source. The article for KB 957310 should help you to resolve that error message, and then the DISM /online command should work fine once again.


Hope this helps,


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...